Friday Funkfest. A recurring (almost weekly) flurry of quick hits, links, videos and thoughts. Clearly, the best way to waste time at work spend your lunch hour each and (almost) every Friday.
props to Conservatism With Heart
- Telling people you are from Oregon can be a rough proposition. Most people seem to think that California shares borders with Mexico and Canada. Some more reasonable folk think it just neighbors Washington. Geography, people. Geography. You would think that a state with such brilliant ideas as getting time of work during March Madness by getting a vasectomy would garner a little more respect.
- That last sentence just put something in perspective for me. A friend of mine texted earlier this week to inform me his job blocked this site and classified it as a pornography site. My apologies if reading this page causes your online accountability partner to press you as to what you are looking at on the internet.
- Just in case you needed a reason to get fired up and motivated to do something about human trafficking.
- The whole David Beckham saga was pretty confusing, but it is possible to sort it all out. Too bad Becks isn’t using any of that money he’s raking in to pay someone to write his blog for him.
- I wonder where this dude got his iphone prototype. Apparently not on Ebay.
- The closest the first leg of the U2 tour is going to get to me is Norman, OK. That’s 5 hours straight south on I 35. Exactly the same travel distance my Portland brothers and sisters will be travelling to the concert in Vancouver.
Renew and Restore