Friday Funkfest. A recurring (almost weekly) flurry of quick hits, links, videos and thoughts. Clearly, the best way to waste time at work spend your lunch hour each and (almost) every Friday.
If you are from Oregon, you’ve already seen this. If you aren’t from Oregon, you’re welcome.
- On Wed night I get to go to Star Wars: In Concert. I remember seeing a commercial for the Portland show when we were back there in July. I immediately jumped on the computer to see if the show was scheduled to come to KC, but it wasn’t. Thankfully, they added dates and KC was one. Stacy says she’s ready for the experience, but I’m not sure she knows what she’s getting into. Will Darth Vader make an apperence as guest conductor? Well, probably not. But a boy can hope, cant he? (h/t adampaul)
- Generational differences in how people viewed individual episodes of the Star Wars trilogy.
- Not so much street cred for this big swinger.
- Joe Posnanski’s breakdown of country music.
- ESPN launched their World Cup 2010 site just in time for the draw today. I’m not terribly optimistic that things will work out for the US. In fact, a specific Star Wars quote keeps coming to mind every time I think of the possibilities: “I’ve got a bad feeling about this…”
- The 5 most famous goal celebrations of all time…and some bonus material at the bottom of the page.
- Are we really the most overrated generation in human history?
Tweet of the Week:
Spammers are stupid. That is all. (@blogwelldone)
Lyric of the Week:
There’re no escapin’ when
You’re whole philosophy is paper thin
The wide road is insanity
-Freedom Time by Lauryn Hill
Renew and Restore