Friday Funkfest. A recurring (almost weekly) flurry of quick hits, links, videos and thoughts. Clearly, the best way to waste time at work spend your lunch hour each and (almost) every Friday.
Most people work under the general assumption that neither Christians nor mathematicians are funny. That makes this dude (a math prof at Biola) a double-enigma. And he’s funny at the end of October as well. (h/t mathfail)
- The Manny found a sweet collection of one of my favorite segments from Sesame Street: Monsterpiece Theatre.
- Donald Miller’s site is a must-read these days. So much so that his site has crashed a couple of times this past week. Get in while you fit in.
- Not the most orthodox of interpretations, but Bill Cosby’s take on Noah’s Ark is a winner.
- Worst Star Wars Costumes in History. (h/t the force is strong)
- I find James Bond movies to be pretty lame. Jason Bourne? More my vibe. Probably because of the theological depth.
- The US has a 56% chance to advance in the World Cup? Sounds about right.
- Qatar is bidding to host the 2022 World Cup. I don’t think they’ll get it. But in the event that they do, they plan on spending $4 Billion to build high-tech stadiums that will be cooled to 80 degrees. Sure beats the 122 degree temps Qatar is blasted with during the summers.
- The Blazers bowed out of the playoffs last night. I’m bummed to see this season go. It had tons of ups and downs, and will end up being one of the more memorable seasons in recent memory. The upside is that now I won’t be staying up until 1am watching basketball games, and I’ll have more time to read and write.
Tweet of the Week:
it’s called “democracy”. it doesn’t only exist when it works in your favor. that is all. (TB on FB)
Lyric of the Week:
I seen hoop dreams deflate like a true fiends weight. (Jay Z)
Renew and Restore